The dogs, incidentally, are part of an overall plan to integrate animals on our farm, and more generally in Woody Agriculture systems– but that discussion will have to wait until later.
Today I'm working on some of the details for this year's Short Course. I'll put a note here and post it all on badgersett.com when it's done, but for now I can tell you:
- Same pricing as 2008
- Four definite presentations:
- Life Cycle hazel spacing (new/improved)
- Nut Quality– faults, sorting, grading for sales (NEW, with hands-on materials)
- Badgersett Hazel Breeding Program. Specifics on Cycles 1 through 4, with the math. (NEW, given by yours truly)
- Marketing (skipped in 2008, so now it's back)
- Remaining presentations will be taken from those given previously; always updated with the newest information. If you as an attendee want a specific talk to be presented, let us know!